2014 More Clicks, Fewer Bricks
This event looked at the changing geography of the Canadian retail sector and its impact on city building. Anticipating the Ontario Growth Secretariat's upcoming review of the Growth Plan this +PLACE MAKERS event was a discussion about planning, development and management trends facing the retail sector and those responsible for public policy
Our panel of experts will help owners, developers, and policy makers understand the impact of:
- The Growth Plan on retail planning and development.
- Fast-changing demographics on retail trends.
- Place-based stores creating web-portals vs. online stores creating pop-up shops: designing for
- conflicting trends.
- Planning policy in Toronto and municipalities throughout the Greater Golden Horseshoe.
- Tony Hernandez, Senior Partner, Research Insights, J.C. Williams
- Maureen Atkinson, Senior Partner, Research Insights, J.C. Williams
- Glenn Miller, Canadian Urban Institute
- Tom Smith, Senior VP Development & Leasing, Enclosed Malls, SmartCentres
- Andrew Duncan P.Eng., AVP, Development Engineering, RioCan Management Inc.
- Peter Moore Project Manager, City Planning, City of Toronto
- Michelle Noble Ontario Growth Secretariat