Major Retail Chain Data (MRC)
A national database that provides a comprehensive current quarterly view of Major Retail Chain (MRC) store locations across Canada in a spatial format that can be used within a wide range of business applications, including:
- Build sales forecasting models
- Populate trade areas with competitor store locations and analyze presence by market
- Determine merchandise mix within a trade area or shopping centre
The MRC Database tracks:
More than 45,400 retail store locations across Canada by 317 retail conglomerates operating 731 chains
** The Major Retail Chain Database is relationally linked to CSCA's Shopping Centre Database
Where is data sourced for the MRC Database?
Public domain sources, primarily via internet web sites and where applicable, field validated information is used to further support the quality of the data.
When and in what formats is the data released?
The data is released on a rolling Quarterly Basis – on the following dates: January 31st, April 30th, July 31st and October 31st.
Data Fields and File Formats
- Conglomerate ID, Conglomerate Name, Chain Id, Chain Name, Street Address, FSALDU, CSD2016 ID, CSD2016 Name, CMA2016 ID, CMA2016 Name, PRO2016 ID, PRO2016 Name, NACIS2012 6 Digit Code, NACIS2012 6 Digit Description, NACIS2012 3 Digit Code, NACIS2012 3 Digit Description, Estimated Size, Estimated Size Source ID, Estimated Size Source Description, Shopping Centre ID, Shopping Centre Name, Update Date
- Location (Latitude & Longitude)
- Download the complete CSCA MRC Data Dictionary
- Data Provided in GIS (MapInfo, ESRI ArcGIS) and Spreadsheet (Excel) Formats
- Download a sample of CSCA's MRC data