2017 +Placemaker Event - Online Shopping Trends & The Future of Suburban Retail
Canadian Urban Institute, J.C. Williams Group and the CSCA held an event on December 5th, 2017 at TRSM, Ryerson. The panel discussed what the opportunities to revitalize suburban plazas, malls and power centres are and how online shopping trends and consumer patterns mesh with our planning visions for more accessible and walkable and transit-oriented communities.
- Dr. Tony Hernandez, Director & Eaton Chair in Retailing, CSCA, Ryerson
- Maureen Atkinson, Senior Partner, Research Insights, J.C. Williams Group
- Robert Yamamato, Vice President, Development, Choice Properties REIT
- Mary Lou Tanner, Director of Planning and Building, City of Burlington
- Kevin Lund, Managing Director, Global Retail Programs, Perennial Inc.
Date & Location
- Tuesday, December 5, 2017 - 8-10 AM
- Cara Commons, TRSM, Ryerson