2018 Retail Change and Smart Growth in the Toronto Region
Held Friday, November 16th - Ted Rogers School of Management, Ryerson University
The CSCA hosted a free seminar to discuss retail planning and smart growth issues in the Toronto region. Learn about how the region's demography and retail marketplace has changed since the introduction of Ontario's Places to Grow legislation. Hear from an expert panel on the retail development opportunities and challenges.
8-8.50 am Registration / Continental Breakfast
8.50 - 9 am Welcome
9-10 am Demographic and Retail Change in the Toronto Region
- Dr. Tony Lea Senior Vice President & Chief Methodologist Environics Analytics
- Dr. Doug Norris Senior Vice President & Chief Demographer Environics Analytics
- Dr. Tony Hernandez Director CSCA
10-10.15 am Network Break
10.15-11.15 am Retail Planning and Development: Smart Growth Opportunities and Challenges
- John Archer Chief Development Officer Three Sixty Collective
- Doug Annand Partner urbanMetrics Inc.
- Liz Howson Principal Macaulay Shiomi Howson Ltd.
- David Fitzpatrick City Planning City of Toronto
- Robert Yamamato Vice President Development Choice Properties REIT
11.15 am Close