Shopping Centre Data (SCD)
A national database that provides a comprehensive current annual view of Shopping Centres (SCD) across Canada in a spatial format that can be used within a wide range of business applications, including:
- Calculate shopping centre square footage by market
- Calculate year over year change in square footage by market
- Populate trade areas with shopping centre locations
- Identify potential centres of interest for store planning
The SCD Database tracks:
More than 5,200 shopping centres grouped by ICSC's Canadian Industry Standard Shopping Centre Classification
- Power Centre
- Factory Outlet
- Lifestyle Centre
Where is data sourced for the SCD Database?
Public domain sources, primarily via internet web sites and where applicable field validated information is used to further support the quality of the data.
When and in what formats is the data released?
The data is released on an Annual Basis – on January 31st each year.
Data Fields and File Formats:
Shopping Centre ID, Shopping Centre Name, Shopping Centre Type ID, Shopping Centre Type, Postal Address, Nearest major intersection, Postal FSALDU, Postal Place Name, Postal Province, CSD2011 ID, CSD2011 Name, CMA2011 ID, CMA2011 Name, PRO2011 ID, PRO2011 Name, Estimated Size, Estimated Size Source, Estimated Store Count, Estimated Store Count Source, Update Date
Location (Latitude & Longitude)
- Download the complete CSCA SCD Data Dictionary
Data provided in GIS (MapInfo, ESRI ArcGIS) and Spreadsheet (excel) Formats
- Download a sample of CSCA's SCD data