Signing up for CSCA Membership is Free
You can determine what type of resources that you are interested in and be able to access those as you choose to. Some of our resources are provided at no cost while other resources must be paid for. We hope that you will find our data and research becomes an important part of your business decision-making process or assists you in your area of study. Complete our online form to set up your member account.
Access to Data
Becoming a member of the CSCA allows you to purchase member data from a number of different databases that we maintain and analyze on an ongoing basis. The data is updated on either an annual or rolling quarterly basis for release. Details of our Major Retail Chain, Major Food Services and Shopping Centre databases are available for you to review along with a range of pre-packaged Maps & Metrics for statistical reference. Members who wish to combine data sets have the benefit of reduced cost data bundles. In addition, a custom data query from any of our databases can be requested that is specifically tailored to your research requirements. All of our Custom Data queries are quoted on a data content and staff time cost recovery basis. For student members, custom data requests can be made for academic research purposes and educational assignments at no cost.
These mapping-ready databases can be used for any number of applications such as:
- populating trade areas with the locations of shopping centres and/or major retail chains
- calculating retail square footage by market
- identifying potential centres of interest for store planning
- custom-building competitor location data
- analyzing retail mix
- integrating these data into store planning models
Access to Research Insights
Membership with the CSCA allows you to access research that is timely, relevant and insightful. Our most recent Research Insights as well as our archive of over twenty years of past reports are available for you to browse and download at no cost. Some of our reports are updated as annual or bi-annual publications that allow our members to track important trends or statistics over time.
Some examples of general areas of our research include:
- The CSCA Retail 100 (Canada's Leading Retailers)
- Market Thresholds of Major Retail Chains in Canada
- Evolution of the Shopping Centre
- Downtown Retailing
- Foreign Retail Chains in Canada
- Implications of Demographic Change for the Retail and Service Sector
- E-Retail and Omni-Channel Trends in Retail
Access to Events
The CSCA holds conferences and seminars throughout the year. Membership with the CSCA gives you access to these events at our special member rate.