Market Thresholds of Major Retail Chains in Canada
This research insight highlights location trends in corporate retailing across Canada between 2011 and 2016. Our analysis of 325 major retail chains in operation throughout the study period revealed established retailers are continuing to expand their store portfolios in Canada’s largest metropolitan markets utilizing a wide range of strategies.
- The growth of corporate retailing across Canada between 2011 and 2016 through an analysis of 325 major retail chains
- The size and market distribution of the selected major retail chains across the urban hierarchy
- Continued expansion by major retail chains in Canada largest metropolitan markets with populations of 200,000 or more
- Major retailers are strategically locating stores at the fringe of urban markets
- The continued roll-out of power centre store locations in markets with 10,000 persons or more