The Canadian Omni-Channel Landscape
This research insight focuses on Omni-Channel retail in Canada. Highlighted is the shift from the traditional linear purchase model, replaced by a circular model, with Loyalty Loops at the centre of the customer journey. Our analysis shows most retailers have begun to adapt omni-channel capabilities. However, barriers still exist in Canada, mainly the challenge of the last mile.
- Consumer journeys centered around loyalty loops characterize the integrated complexities of omni-channel shopping behaviours
- Canadian retailers are investing in multiple channels to facilitate the adoption of omni-channel retail strategies
- Transactional e-retail channels which enable online purchases are widespread in Canada
- Same day or next day shipping is not widely offered by retailers in Canada, most retailers opt for 2-3, or 4+ days shipping times
- Retailers have recognized that social media is an important medium to engage, interact and influence customers